[virt-tools-list] Error when cloning using virt-manager

Renato Alves rjalves at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Fri Sep 7 11:32:24 UTC 2012

Hi again Eric,

I think I need to rephrase what I'm trying to achieve as you seem to be
pointing me to things which are on a higher level of complexity.

What I'm really trying to do is clone a machine *from* and *to* the same
host. I am not migrating a machine to another host. I only have one host
at the moment. So the source and destination are the same machine and
instance.

What I do have is two other machines on which I use virt-manager to
*remotely* manage this host and which are giving me different outputs.

On these two client machines, I open virt-manager, I connect via ssh to
the host and try to clone a machine (again, source and destination are
the same host).
When doing this on one machine (Debian) it works, but on the other
(Gentoo) it fails with the error from before. And as stated on the
but it made no difference.

Thanks,
Renato

Quoting Eric Blake on 06-09-2012 22:56: