[virt-tools-list] How to make lxc-cgroup work?

陳韋任 (Wei-Ren Chen) chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Apr 4 13:11:20 UTC 2013

> Hmm, the lxc* tools are not what virt-manager uses to manage containers, it
> uses libvirt which has a separate userspace lxc implementation. Libvirt is
> supposed to handle all the cgroup stuff automagically (well, at least on a
> modern Fedora system it does).

  Maybe I should ask this question on libvirt ML?

> >   The other question I believe most relate to the virtual machine
> > manager. When I edit lxc container through the vmm, there is an CPU
> > limits option. Does that option work? Because from the top or
> > /proc/cpuinfo I don't see the limit I set works.
> >

> Are you talking about virt-manager? There isn't UI in virt-manager for CPU
> usage limits, what specifically do you mean? Number of CPUs? I don't think
> libvirt's lxc impl does anything with that value, though just releases libvirt
> 1.0.4 appears to do something but I'm not sure what.

  I am talking about this virtual machine manager [1]. I can right-click
on a container, choose "open", then click on "show virtual hardware
details" button on the top. Then choose "processor", I can set "current
allocation" <= #host logical CPU.

[1] http://virt-manager.org/

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,