[virt-tools-list] News on virt-manager for windows?

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Mon Aug 26 15:35:50 UTC 2013

Hi Christophe,

>>> Windows console access has always been possible with RHEV, oVirt should
>>> have Windows console support starting from version 3.2 (or something recent
>>> version).
>> How does this work, as the required firefox plugin is Linux-only?
> Fwiw, the firefox plugin works on Windows too these days, but there are no
> official builds nor integration with oVirt.
So there's no way to get this plugin except building it myself. Building
stuff under Windows is not for the faint-of-heart, this will scare my
fellow (windows-only) sysadmins. :-(

> This works through 'native' support:
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/11702/2
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/11703/
Wel, this won't work for any practical purposes right now.  :-(

I tried the three latest virt-viewer for windows releases and
virt-viewer doesn't work at all. Complains about a missing DLL. Invoking
remote-viewer directly does work, but I can't make spice+tls work (only
plain spice, insecure) and it's stated on the release notes that
spice+ssh won't work in windows.

[]s, Fernando Lozano