[virt-tools-list] virt-manager on mint

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Thu Aug 29 06:02:56 UTC 2013

On 08/29/2013 12:07 AM, Vadim Bartko wrote:
> hi,
>

> I am trying to run Virt Manager and every time during VM creation i get
> these two errors:
>
> 1. (for kvm):
>
> libvirtError: Unable to read from monitor: Connection reset by peer
>
> 2. (for qemu):
>
> Unable to complete install: 'internal error process exited while connecting
> to monitor: char device redirected to /dev/pts/2 (label charserial0)
> Could not read keymap file: 'en-us

These both just mean that qemu died while libvirt was trying to
communicate with it.

What are your libvirt/qemu versions?  Can you check
/var/log/libvirt/<machine_name>.log file to see what's in there?  If
there's nothing relevant, I suggest enabling debugging [1], reproducing
and going through the logs again.

Martin

[1] http://libvirt.org/logging.html