Re: [virt-tools-list] Reg:Date option in virt-top

Hi Jegan,

To the best of my knowledge and from what I could grab from virt-top manual page, there is no way of including the current date in virt-top output. The purpose of virt-top is to show an instantaneous picture of the virtual-machine states. That's why the date is not shown: the date of the output is the current system date.

What I would suggest to you is that, as you are calling virt-top from a script and exporting its output to a CSV file, you can rename your CSV file to the time it was generated. Or you can get the time of file creation with stat command.

Best regards,

Leonardo Garcia