Re: [virt-tools-list] [virt-viewer] Add oVirt support

Hey Deepak,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 04:44:14PM +0530, Deepak C Shetty wrote:
> Out of curiosity.. what is the aim of this thing (short and long
> term) ? to be able to manage oVirt VMs from virt-manager ?  Why
> won't i use ovirt itself.. any usecase of where and how this will be
> useful ?

Managing oVirt VMs from virt-manager is definitely not something I'm aiming
for, this would probably be non-trivial. My goal is mostly to make it
easier to connect to oVirt VMs by not having to spawn a browser, reach to
the ovirt portal, connect to the console, ... I also have patches for GNOME
Boxes adding read-only support as well.
Ideally the C API would be autogenerated as the python API is, but I
haven't experimented with the idea yet.

Christophe