Re: [virt-tools-list] Virt-Manager, diskformat on LVM

On 07/02/2013 06:03 AM, Marko Weber | ZBF wrote:

> Hello,
> when i use virt-manager and do the storgae pool in LVM,
> i cant choose disk type (qcow2, raw, etc...) when creating a new vm.
>
> htop shows me then it uses "raw".

AIUI libvirt does not provide an explicit way to format an LVM partition, or
any block device, as qcow2. I know ovirt does this so libvirt can handle the
configuration, but there just isn't explicit support for provisioning like
that in virt-manager/libvirt.