[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [virt-tools-list] AppIndicator3 not appindicator



On 07/27/2013 01:28 AM, poma wrote:
> On 25.07.2013 23:50, Cole Robinson wrote:
>> On 07/17/2013 11:04 AM, poma wrote:
>>> On 17.07.2013 15:36, Cole Robinson wrote:
>>>> On 07/16/2013 12:37 PM, poma wrote:
>>>>> On 14.06.2013 15:10, Cole Robinson wrote:
>>>>>> On 06/13/2013 07:56 PM, Eric Shattow wrote:
>>>>>>> Please change as needed before commit; I'm unfamiliar with Python.
>>>>>>> Without the change, starting virt-manager results in a coredump on
>>>>>>> Ubuntu-next (13.10)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Kind regards, Eric Shattow
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks Eric! Tweaked the commit message a bit and pushed.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - Cole
>>>>>
>>>>> 'Virtual Machine Manager' startup is broken with:
>>>>> - Eric's patch i.e. commits [1] & [2]
>>>>> - Enabled system tray icon i.e.
>>>>>   [org/virt-manager/virt-manager]
>>>>>   system-tray=true
>>>>> - Installed 'libappindicator-gtk3-12.10.0-2.fc19.x86_64' i.e.
>>>>>   '/usr/lib64/girepository-1.0/AppIndicator3-0.1.typelib'
>>>>>
>>>>> virt-manager 0.10.0 - virt-manager-0.10.0-2.fc19.noarch
>>>>>
>>>>> <>
>>>>> Error starting Virtual Machine Manager: 'gi.repository.AppIndicator3'
>>>>> object has no attribute 'CATEGORY_OTHER'
>>>>>
>>>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 303, in <module>
>>>>>     main()
>>>>>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 279, in main
>>>>>     engine = vmmEngine()
>>>>>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 125, in
>>>>> __init__
>>>>>     self.init_systray()
>>>>>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 159, in
>>>>> init_systray
>>>>>     self.systray = vmmSystray(self)
>>>>>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/systray.py", line 90, in
>>>>> __init__
>>>>>     self.show_systray()
>>>>>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/systray.py", line 161, in
>>>>> show_systray
>>>>>     self.init_systray()
>>>>>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/systray.py", line 143, in
>>>>> init_systray
>>>>>     AppIndicator3.CATEGORY_OTHER)
>>>>>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/module.py", line 316, in
>>>>> __getattr__
>>>>>     return getattr(self._introspection_module, name)
>>>>>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/module.py", line 135, in
>>>>> __getattr__
>>>>>     self.__name__, name))
>>>>> AttributeError: 'gi.repository.AppIndicator3' object has no attribute
>>>>> 'CATEGORY_OTHER'
>>>>> <\>
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for the report. What's the output of:
>>>>
>>>> python -c 'from gi.repository import AppIndicator3; print dir(AppIndicator3)'
>>>>
>>>> - Cole
>>>
>>> Py print is here[1].
>>> I've solved temporarily like this[2].
>>> Thanks for your response.
>>>
>>
>> Thanks for the info. Can someone who's affected try out the attached patch? If
>> it's good, I'll push it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cole
>>
> 
> virt-manager-fix-indicators.patch:
> 
> Error starting Virtual Machine Manager: 'gi.repository.AppIndicator3'
> object has no attribute 'IndicatorCategor'
> 
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 303, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 279, in main
>     engine = vmmEngine()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 125, in
> __init__
>     self.init_systray()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 159, in
> init_systray
>     self.systray = vmmSystray(self)
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/systray.py", line 90, in
> __init__
>     self.show_systray()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/systray.py", line 161, in
> show_systray
>     self.init_systray()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/systray.py", line 143, in
> init_systray
>     AppIndicator3.IndicatorCategor.OTHER)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/module.py", line 316, in
> __getattr__
>     return getattr(self._introspection_module, name)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/gi/module.py", line 135, in
> __getattr__
>     self.__name__, name))
> AttributeError: 'gi.repository.AppIndicator3' object has no attribute
> 'IndicatorCategor'
> 
> 
> virt-manager-fix-indicators_v2.patch:
> 
> Error starting Virtual Machine Manager: GObject.__init__() takes exactly
> 0 arguments (3 given)
> 
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 303, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 279, in main
>     engine = vmmEngine()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 125, in
> __init__
>     self.init_systray()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 159, in
> init_systray
>     self.systray = vmmSystray(self)
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/systray.py", line 90, in
> __init__
>     self.show_systray()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/systray.py", line 161, in
> show_systray
>     self.init_systray()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/systray.py", line 143, in
> init_systray
>     AppIndicator3.IndicatorCategory.OTHER)
> TypeError: GObject.__init__() takes exactly 0 arguments (3 given)
> 

Thanks for trying this out and fixing my typo. Unfortunate that this is still
an issue.

Marc, you did the original appindicators patch, any chance you can give
virt-manager git a spin and fix the issues with appindicator3 ? My guess is
they are minor. If I don't hear back for a week I'll likely drop the
appindicators support since it is currently broken, but I'm happy to revive it
later when someone has it working.

git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/virt-manager.git
cd virt-manager
./virt-manager --debug
Preferences->Enable tray icon

Thanks,
Cole


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]