[virt-tools-list] nternal error libxenlight state driver is not active

nesredin mahmud nasmitlinux at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 16:54:49 UTC 2013

hello everyone,

I have problem starting virt-manager (0.9.1). It tries to connect to xen
forever...
my environment setup is:
-ubuntu-12.0.4

virsh # version
Compiled against library: libvirt 1.0.6
Using library: libvirt 1.0.6
Using API: Xen 1.0.6
Running hypervisor: Xen 4.2.0

ERROR: from virt-manager

Unable to connect to libvirt:

internal error libxenlight state driver is not active

Verify that:
 - A Xen host kernel was booted
 - The Xen service has been started

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1185, in
_open_thread
    self.vmm = self._try_open()
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1167, in
_try_open
    flags)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 102, in openAuth
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpenAuth() failed')
libvirtError: internal error libxenlight state driver is not active

I taught the libxenligh was already working.
I compiled libvirt --with-xen and am using virsh as well. And xl is working
good.
I have stopped *xend* as well so that xl will working.

can you explain me where the problem could be.

Best,

Nas