Re: [virt-tools-list] How to solve the UID repeatetion problem of virt-clone one WINDOWS virtual machine

On 06/14/2013 12:03 AM, cochen wrote:
> Hi all:
>        If I use "virt-clone" to clone a windows virtual machine , the new
> windows vm is sure be have a uid which the same with the source windows.
>        How can I make them difference auto?

virt-sysprep is the tool for reaching into a VM and fixing all those
differences. Not sure if it handles your specific case though. Otherwise you
would have to change it by hand.

I know Microsoft also has a native tool for prepping the OS for use with image
deployment tools like Ghost, but that's the extent of what I know.