[virt-tools-list] How to solve the UID repeatetion problem of virt-clone one WINDOWS virtual machine

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 21:06:06 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 12:03:32PM +0800, cochen wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> If I use "virt-clone" to clone a windows virtual machine , the new
> windows vm is sure be have a uid which the same with the
> source windows.

You need to run a proprietary Windows program called SYSPREP.EXE.

We don't presently have any way to do this.  See the links from this
page for one way that it might be automated:

  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2012-May/msg00142.html

virt-sysprep can refresh a lot of different UIDs in guests, but only
for Linux guests:

  http://libguestfs.org/virt-sysprep.1.html

Rich.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW