Re: [virt-tools-list] [libvirt-users] virt-manager 0.10.0 gentoo bug on start?

On 06/27/2013 11:59 AM, Marko Weber | ZBF wrote:

> hello i installed virt-manager 0.10.0 on gentoo.
>
> on start i get:
>
> Fehler beim Starten des Virtual Machine Managers: cannot import name
> SpiceClientGtk
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 303, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager", line 267, in main
>     from virtManager.engine import vmmEngine
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 45, in <module>
>     from virtManager.details import vmmDetails
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/details.py", line 37, in <module>
>     from virtManager.console import vmmConsolePages
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/console.py", line 28, in <module>
>     from gi.repository import SpiceClientGtk
> ImportError: cannot import name SpiceClientGtk
>

> i dont set useflag spice. so why it alerts it cant import spice?

virt-manager is discussed on virt-tools-list redhat com, CCing

We just try to import it unconditionally regardless of whether the VM uses
spice. This could be fixed easily enough but my recommendation would be to
just install the necessary spice package.