Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager ubuntu support

Hi Nas,

On 06/28/2013 09:17 AM, nesredin mahmud wrote:
Hello Cole,

i have a problem running virt-manager-0-10.0 on Ubuntu-12.04 without installing.

# ./virt-manager
ERROR:root:Could not find any typelib for LibvirtGLib
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./virt-manager", line 33, in <module>
    from gi.repository import LibvirtGLib
ImportError: cannot import name LibvirtGLib

You need to install libvirt-glib library and its dependencies. The package is called libvirt-glib in Fedora and provides /usr/lib64/libvirt-glib-1.0.so.0 along with other files. Not sure how it is called in Ubuntu.
Even after installation, it displays the following error:

$ virt-manager
/usr/local/bin/virt-manager: 3: exec: /usr/share/virt-manager/virt-manager: not found
Not sure what is going on here. Maybe Ubuntu is installing things in different paths.

Best regards,

Leonardo Garcia

Do we need a separate instal method for Ubuntu. I installed 0.9.5 successfully, but it has disk error.
Now I am relying on the new version.

Can you please help me. I am doing my thesis and I got stuck here-

thank you and
Best,

//Nas