[virt-tools-list] virt-manager internals help

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Wed Mar 20 15:10:54 UTC 2013

My work on adding IPv6 support to virt-manager is proceeding nicely in
spite of not being very good at python or xml.  I have pretty much
figured out what needs to be done and one of those things is the
introduce some (a lot) memory into the processing of the xml for a
network definition.  For example, the network definition and a dhcp
definition need to be part of the same <ip>

The thing that is puzzling me is just where self.get_xml() is defined
(see network.py around line 100).  The only place I can see this defined
is in domain.py and that does not make sense to me.

IIUC, get_xml() returns a string which includes the entire definition
and where each parse currently starts fresh ... we need to march through
the elements one at a time and process each element before proceeding to
the next.

"help"

Gene