[virt-tools-list] virt-manager internals help

My work on adding IPv6 support to virt-manager is proceeding nicely in spite of not being very good at python or xml. I have pretty much figured out what needs to be done and one of those things is the introduce some (a lot) memory into the processing of the xml for a network definition. For example, the network definition and a dhcp definition need to be part of the same <ip>

The thing that is puzzling me is just where self.get_xml() is defined (see network.py around line 100). The only place I can see this defined is in domain.py and that does not make sense to me.

IIUC, get_xml() returns a string which includes the entire definition and where each parse currently starts fresh ... we need to march through the elements one at a time and process each element before proceeding to the next.

"help"

Gene