[virt-tools-list] virt-manager release roadmap

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 17:57:02 UTC 2013

On 03/23/2013 09:18 PM, Doug Goldstein wrote:
> So really just trying to understand what the release roadmap is. Right
> now its been about 8 months since the last release of virtinst and
> virt-manager. There's 37 patches in virtinst since the last release
> and virt-manger has 42. Depending on the time frame of the GTK+3.2
> branch release, I think there's an advantage to doing a virtinst
> 0.600.4 and virt-manager 0.9.5. But there's really 3 ways to go. A
> basic bug fix release, looking at all the distros we're all carrying
> anywhere from half-dozen to a dozen patches or a full master release
> or wait until the GTK+ 3.2 release is ready. I'll be glad to put
> together the proposed patchset for the bug fix release and send it to
> the list if that's the route people want to go.

Sorry for being slow on this whole process.

0.600.4 and 0.9.5 basically will be bug fix releases, since no significant
features have accumulated in git master since the last releases. I super duper
promise I'll cut those releases this week. Then gtk3.2 will become master, and
we'll have an old gtk2 branch for further bug fixes if required.

Thanks,
Cole