[virt-tools-list] Virtual Machine Manager "stuck"

Occasionally VMM ends up in this state:

I want to create a new VM by right-clicking on the connection and selecting “New”.

On the next screen is the field where I enter the VM name, but below it is an error triangle and the message: Error: list.remove(x): x not in list.

I.e. no options for install.

How can I reset the libvirt/qemu infrastructure without having to reboot the two systems: where VMM is running and where I want to create the VM?

I.e. to a point where I can create new VMs from existing disk images.

VMM: 0.9.0,

Libvirt*: 1.0.1-2.e16

    Harald