Re: [virt-tools-list] hercules & S390

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 03:47:50PM -0500, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
I am not sure how much interest there would be so I am not sure if
the effort would be worth it but, has there ever been any
consideration been given to adding hercules and s390 virtuals under
virt-manager?  Just curious?
Maintaining a new libvirt backend is a non-trivial amount of work. The
s390 architecture has very few users, and hercules probably even less.
If someone wants to write a driver and commit to supporting it over the
long term then great, but I can think of many more productive ways to
spend dev effort that impact more users than s390 ever will

I thought that would be the case but I was just wondering.

Gene