Re: [virt-tools-list] [Spice-devel] More on virt-viewer for windows

Hi,

Still hoping someone takes my test results and fix the windows port. ;-)

I configured my host to accept remote tcp libvirtd connections, once with sasl security and the seccond time without any security. Both setups were validated by a linux client, who could connect using virsh and virt-manager without problem. Bu then the windows port fails with the same error message it displayed when using TLS certificates:

C:\Program Files\VirtViewer\bin>virsh -c qemu+tcp://kvmhost/system
error: Unable to set close-on-exec flag: Success
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor

It looks there is a basic network client code error on the windows port, as using different authentication schemes do not make a difference. :-(

If someone wants, I can generate libvirt debug logs and Proccess Monitor logs for those cases, but I guess they'd show more or less the same things as the TLS test I already sent.

[]s, Fernando Lozano