[virt-tools-list] virt-viewer: Having per window full-screen state causes monitor arrangement issues

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Fri Sep 20 12:36:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 09/20/2013 02:06 PM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think the issue is when a window go fullscreen, we take its monitor geometry and disable auto-alignment. This can cause overlap, when all monitors aren't fullscreen.
>
> When we leave fullscreen, ltr-alignment is applied, all is "fine"
>
> So it looks to me like we should do better alignment on "all" monitors whatever happens. I think current alignment spice-gtk code is too simple and needs to be improved. What do you think? I will try to see what I can do.

I agree some better alignment for the windowed / mixed case would be good.

What I suggest to do for now is do auto ltr arrangement using the current
algorithm, on all monitors (except for the all windows fullscreen case), and
update monitor coordinates for all monitors, including fullscreen ones, each
time a windows size changes (which includes going fullscreen / windowed).

As said the all windows fullscreen case is special, in that case we should
just use the actual physical monitor coordinates and not do any auto-align.

Regards,

Hans