[virt-tools-list] Typo on the download page for virt-viewer

Fernando Lozano fernando at lozano.eti.br
Tue Jan 28 13:24:02 UTC 2014

Hi,
>> PS: The windows binaries still don't include virt-manager, right? As
>> there are woring virsh and virt-manager, what prevents virt-manager
>> from working on Windows?
> virt-manager is a much more complex application than virt-viewer/virsh
> and is written in python. This makes life even harder because we'd need
> a way to create mingw packages of python so we can incorporate it into
> our build system - we avoid any use of real Windows OS for our Windows
> builds - everything in Mingw + Wine. There are also various other
> dependancies virt-manager has which cause more pain.

I supposed virt-manager was a simple wrapper around virsh/libvirt and so
it would be an easy port once they were done. :-(

The fact is, I have a hard time convincing people to use virt-manager
from Xming and similars. Having a native windows admin tool looks much
better (to them) and RHEV/oVIrt is seem as overkill. Small shops who use
XenServer (XenCenter) and VMware without VSphere perceive them as much
easier to manage than KVM on RHEL, CentOS and others.

[]s, Fernando Lozano