[virt-tools-list] Ubuntu "cannot load AppArmor profile" when creating a VM with OVMF

Gizmo Chicken gizmochicken at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 20:14:10 UTC 2015

BACKGROUND:  In a previous thread, I reported that the OVMF package
currently found in the Ubuntu repository isn't compatible with
Virt-Manager 1.2.1. (See below: Virt-Manager reports that "UEFI not
found" on the system when using Ubuntu's current OVMF package.)   I
also reported that my installation of Virt-Manager 1.2.1 on Ubuntu
finds UEFI after I followed the instructions found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Using_UEFI_with_QEMU

CURRENT ISSUE:  Although my installation of Virt-Manager 1.2.1 on
Ubuntu, which includes the OVMF package installed from Gerd Hoffman's
repository, can now find UEFI, I still can't use it to create a VM
with OVMF.  (I'll just note that I can use this same installation of
Virt-Manager 1.2.1 to create a VM with standard BIOS without any
errors.)

Here's an example of the error that I get when I try to use my
installation of Virt-Manager 1.2.1 on Ubuntu 15.04 and 15.10 to create
create a VM with OVMF:

Unable to complete install: 'internal error: cannot load AppArmor
profile 'libvirt-f61a93ee-be99-4a96-ad45-0a8b3f85875d''

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 89, in cb_wrapper
    callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 1873, in do_install
    guest.start_install(meter=meter)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 414, in start_install
    noboot)
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 478, in _create_guest
    dom = self.conn.createLinux(start_xml or final_xml, 0)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 3574, in createLinux
    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
conn=self)
libvirtError: internal error: cannot load AppArmor profile
'libvirt-f61a93ee-be99-4a96-ad45-0a8b3f85875d'

Granted, this is probably more of an Ubuntu issue than a Virt-Manager
issue.  But I'm starting here because Virt-Manager 1.2.1 isn't yet
supported by Ubuntu, and so I'm unsure where at Ubuntu to file a bug
report.

Any help with this issue, or suggestions regarding where best to file
this bug (of an unsupported program version) at Ubuntu, would be
appreciated.

Regards,
GizmoChicken