[virt-tools-list] (no subject)

otheus uibk otheus.uibk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:25:08 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>
wrote:

> virt-what really should be able to output multiple lines.  There are
> many cases where multiple facts apply to a single guest.

I realize I'm new here, but uh, I beg to disagree with the word "many".
There are three: linux_vserver-guest and rhel5-xen*.
The last set (RHEL5 based xen) is very close to obsolete and can be treated
as an exception.
The one for linux-vserver seems to me also to be an exception and according
to commit d409914d, done for "backwards compatibility".
Also I should note that the test case is incomplete; linux_vserver-host is
a possibility and never made into a test-case.

So what I am wondering is: is it *incorrect* to output the identifying fact
and immediately exit?
(as I do in my patch)

--
Otheus