[Virtio-fs] virtio-fs needs option parsing?

Stefan Hajnoczi stefanha at redhat.com
Tue Sep 17 15:42:10 UTC 2019

Hi Miklos,
While testing the latest virtio-fs kernel patches I noticed that
/proc/mounts says:

  myfs / virtiofs rw,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0

And this causes an error when shutting down the guest:

  [2339]: Remounting '/' read-only in with options 'user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other'.
  virtiofs: Unknown parameter 'user_id'
  [2339]: Failed to remount '/' read-only: Invalid argument

I guess that either options shouldn't be reported in /proc/mounts or the
'virtiofs' file system should parse options.

This isn't a show-stopper but I think it should be fixed eventually.
Thoughts?

Stefan