Re: Shared MIME-Info 0.10

Thomas Leonard wrote:
I've put up a new version of the MIME spec and shared database:

http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info.html

Is it just me?

But I lack a defenition for how to get the mimetype for a given file in one aspect. Should globs or magic be tryed first?

ie, if I name a png image foo.jpg (stupid but), shuld it be recognised as a jpeg image or a png image?

If the goal is that all aplication shuld behave the same, this must be addressed, right?

When the app have only the filename, globs have to be used. but how to do when the file data is avalible?

If this is intentionaly left to the aplication to deside, it shold be stated in the spec, preferably.

/LaH