Re: Trouble getting xfs to listen on tcp port 7100

"Mike A. Harris" wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Ben Logan wrote:
> >I would like for xfs to listen on tcp port 7100 (I have a 3-computer
> >lan and would like for one computer to serve fonts to the other two).
> >I've commented out the "no-listen = tcp" line in /etc/X11/fs/config,
> >but it still wouldn't listen on 7100.  I also tried adding "port=7100"
> >in the config file and also tacking -port 7100 to the command used to
> >start xfs in /etc/init.d/xfs.  Nothing will make it listen.

What version of xfs?

> >I've searched the net and newsgroups, but I must be the only one
> >having this problem (that's pretty typical tho ;).
>
> Not many use xfs remotely percentagewise so it isn't surprising.
> ;o)
>
> There may even be a bug... untested..

I use it here. All I changed was the port in /etc/init.d/xfs
and the no-listen line in /etx/X11/fs/config.
I serve fonts for local X, HPUX-10.20, and Solaris8 with no problems.

Did you try fsinfo and fslsfonts?

Does the local xserver talk to it?
What is in /etc/XF86Config-4  for FontPath ?

	-Thomas