Re: About Glide libs in Rh 7.1

On Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 12:50:19PM -0100, Marco Presi spoke thusly:
> First question: How can I use Glide2 instead of the default Glide3?

I have no idea - everyhting I've done has worked fine with Glide3.

Perhaps I should gind the CD your speaking of and try it.

> Second Question: The 3d Acceleration doesn't work (I compiled the DRI a
> Voodoo support in the kernel...). There are some other step to follow?

Glide is working fine on mY Voodoo3/3500. Make sure the DRI section of
XF86config-4 is present, and looks like this :

Section "DRI"
    Mode 0666
EndSection

Also, make sure the "tdfx" and "dri" modules are being loaded in
Section "Module," and that the proper driver is being used for the
"Device" section.

HTH...

--      Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney      --
--  New email : alchemist darkcanvas com  --
--  http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist  --