Re: M$ web font script thingie.

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 11:02:32AM -0400, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> I just thought about this whole idea more and decided:  No. If
> fonts are easy by default to steal from Windows and/or some
> website, then people are less likely to make free fonts for
> Linux.  Same goes for any other binary only, or
> nonredistributeable stuff.

I was already working on an RPM that would provide the script to allow
d/l of the M$ fonts....  and then came to the same conclusion.  M$ has
such strength in the market because people are so dependent on them for
everything, even including fonts!

Why create another dependency on M$? These fonts aren't free to distribute!
All M$ has to do is change the URL!

I agree...  Long live Open Source and the GPL!!

DS..