Re: M$ web font script thingie.

On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Martin Stricker wrote:

>> Adding scripts to make it easy is going to hurt the chances of
>> more free fonts coming to Linux.
>>
>> Firm in my mind now.  No scripts.  Long live open source.
>
>Agreed.
>
>> Now go create some free TT fonts!  GPL them!  ;o)
>
>You don't happen to know a nice *open source* (or at least free of
>charge) font editor to create true type fonts and a comprehensive howto?
>Required OS isn't important, I've got quite a collection. ;-) I'll
>promise to GPL all my output.

You can try freshmeat, google for starters..  I've got some MSDOS
source code that is a BDF font editor written by H.P. Anvin that
he planned on releasing as shareware 10 years ago bug didn't, and
he reassigned it to me GPL'd so I could port it to Linux.  That
would not likely help creating TT fonts, but I thought I would
mention it none the less.

Status of it is: Sitting in a dir waiting for a rainy day.