Re: New XFree86-4.1.0-0.9.10 release available

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Mike A. Harris wrote:

> >On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Mike Chambers wrote:
> >
> >> Try ftp://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/ and you'll
> >> find .9.11 instead of .10.  And if you want DRI you'll want to upgrade your
> >> kernel to 2.4.7 from rawhide as well.

A minor nit to aid befuddled folks such as myself.

	ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/rawhide/i386/RedHat/RPMS/

> >Thanks for the reference, I hadn't thought to take a look at
> >Rawhide.  I've seen DRI talked about before, what is it?
>
> The best explanation of DRI can be found at:
>
> http://dri.sourceforge.net
>
> They have oodles of info there.
>
> Hope this helps.
> TTYL

A question.  The need for a newer kernel rev is to get DRI support only,
or is required for this version of XFree86?  At this point "X no
workee".  I just feel awfully nekkid without my trusty xterms, and besides
it would be a shame to not have those dual P-III 1Ghz processors chewing
on X server code.