Re: HELP!...X defaults to TWM only....

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Devine" <dannyboy259 home com>
To: "Linux XFree86 List" <xfree86-list redhat com>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 9:25 PM
Subject: HELP!...X defaults to TWM only....

<snip>

Someone else will have to help you with the stuff you mentioned that I
deleted.

> Upon restart to Xwindows, the display looked really great at the login,
> but after starting, I could only get TWM.
>
> I've tried several times/several ways to switch back to Gnome or KDE
> without success.  I've gone through "switchdesk", I've edited the
> xinit.rc file, all without success.

You are trying to switch to gnome or kde windows?  Or you trying to get the
Gnome or KDE GUI login manager?  If the latter, edit /etc/sysconfig/desktop
and change to "GNOME" or "KDE".  If you mean the windows then I don't see
how switchdesk didn't work unless it's not reading your xfconfig/card
properly or something.

Oh, you can also try by creating a new user and login with that and see if
that lets you use them.  If that is the case then something is wrong with
your profile.

Mike