XFree86 and other src.rpm packages now expanded into patches dirson people.redhat.com

Over the last year I have received several requests from various
people to have the patches from inside the XFree86 src.rpm
package made available without having to download the whole
50Mb XFree86 src.rpm file, as some people are on modem dialup or
other slow limited bandwith connections, and downloading the
entire src.rpm when only a few things may have changed is often
a big pain, or not possible for them.

Today I was editing my script which pushes the files to
people.redhat.com, when a FreeBSD user on IRC asked where to
obtain just our patches for X without having to download the
src.rpm and figure out how to extract the files somehow.

Good timing on his part.  ;o)

I have added code to my script to now extract the patches from
any RPM packages I push to people.redhat.com from now on and put
them in a "patches" subdirectory for each package.

ie:  XFree86 patches will be in:

ftp://people.redhat.com/mharris/testing/7.2/XFree86/4.1.0-10/patches

I *strongly* recommend downloading _ALL_ of the patches for a
given package, and not just "new" patches appearing in the dirs,
as quite often, a patch file gets manually edited from one
release to the next to fix glitches that are found.  The file
names usually are not changed however.

So I hope this is beneficial to people.  Feel free to let others
know, including other distro maintainers, etc.

Any feedback or other suggestions is also appreciated.

Enjoy!