Re: Poor video display

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 19:41, Devon wrote:

> On Saturday 15 December 2001 05:42 pm, Alex Deucher wrote:
> > I have the same problem with my system.  Matrox G550,
> > athlon 850, iwill kk266.  Xfree CVS.  everything else
> > works fine.
>
> Well, at least it isn't just me. ;)
>
> I just finished a test. I took the disk drive and Radeon card out of my
> machine, and installed it in a Plll-800 machine. Booted the i686 kernel,
> and Tux looks fine.
>
> Not that it helps narrow things down much. I'm wondering if it isn't
> possibly Athlon related, not that I have any real evidence to that effect.
>
> Does anyone have tuxracer running on an Athlon system, without having
> 'Tux' appear distorted within the game?
>
> - -D

Ok, lets try this again. I think something was missing from the other
reply ;-). Wierd, my sent folder shows the entire message was sent.

Did you try booting with the "noathlon" option to turn off the athlon
specific optimizations or try an i686 kernel on your athlon machine? See
if the problem might be related specifically to the athlon kernel.

Regards,
        Jim H