dri disabled

Apologies if this goes out twice, I can't seem to remember which
accounts I have subscribed.

Okay, I used to have 3D acceleration. Funny, it's gone now.

My girlfriend was nice enough to get me Tribes 2 for Christmas (thanks
dear).....

(EE) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRIScreenInit failed because of a version
mismatch.
[dri] radeon.o kernel module version is 1.0.0 but version 1.1.x is
needed.
[dri] Disabling DRI.

7.2 system, 2.4.9-13 kernel, Radeon DDR VIVO, standard XFree
installation, blah blah blah

I'm pretty sure it worked on the original install, so that tells me that
it's kernel based since that's what I've been changing. I did some
research on Google, which seemed to indicate I should be using the
radeon driver from XFree86, not the kernel; since it was more current.

Soooo,

[root maranello i386]# rmmod radeon
[root maranello i386]# insmod
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/radeon_drv.o: couldn't find the kernel
version the module was compiled for

Okay, no big deal, I grab the XFree sources, do a rpm --recompile and
reinstall them. Same problem.

I'm officially stuck.

--Chris