[zanata-devel] Issue 269 in flies: Story: As a project maintainer I would like to keep the history of previous translators that have worked on a PO file

flies at googlecode.com flies at googlecode.com
Mon Apr 11 03:57:05 UTC 2011

Comment #3 on issue 269 by sean.flanigan: Story: As a project maintainer I
would like to keep the history of previous translators that have worked on
a PO file
http://code.google.com/p/flies/issues/detail?id=269

This version has much simpler import/export, based on Helen's suggestion of
marking Zanatas credit lines.

1. When pushing (importing) a brand-new document to Zanata:
  - Just import original comment verbatim as headerComment.
  - Translations are marked as "imported" (because real credits come from
comment above).

2. When saving a translation entered through web interface:
  - Credit translation to current Zanata user.

3. When pushing (or importing) an updated document (even if there are no
new translations)
  - Simply replace old headerComment with new headerComment.  Skip any lines
which include #zanata.

4. When pulling (exporting) translations
  - Output comment as (headerComment + generatedComments).
  - generatedComments has one line per translator per year, skips imported
translations:

# AUTHOR NAME <EMAIL at ADDRESS>, YEAR. #zanata