[zanata-users] [Chainsaw] zh_Hans_CN zh_CN, zanata.xml, etc

Og Maciel omaciel at redhat.com
Mon May 21 17:52:56 UTC 2012

Having had the chance to see both pt_BR translations (as I don't have anything good to say about their (lack of) "quality", I won't say anything) for subscription-manager and katello currently done via Zanata, I'd like to ask another question if possible:

* why are we not using the same translation mechanism and process as the Fedora project (i.e. https://fedora.transifex.net/)? Katello is a community project but all the translation effort is currently done outside the community. I assume that "having translations done before a release" probably plays a role, but I'd love to see the community being able to do this.

--
Og Maciel

Senior QA Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.