[zanata-users] broken po files after adding msgid_plurals to pot files

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Mon Nov 19 15:59:50 UTC 2012

I added a usage of ngettext, and the resulting msgid_plural field to my
pot files. After I
uploaded the pot files, the po files are not populating the field
correctly.
If I upload a pot with content like:

#: ../src/subscription_manager/gui/installedtab.py:215
#, python-format
msgid "Covered by contract %s through %s"
msgid_plural "Covered by contracts %s through %s"
msgstr[0] ""
msgstr[1] ""

The po files that I pull are populated like:

  "Covered by contract %s through %s"
msgid_plural "Covered by contracts %s through %s"
msgstr ""

Which cause msgfmt to give errors like:

po/ja.po:293:10: syntax error
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error

It seems like this is happening for po's that
haven't had any changes made to them since uploading
the pot file. Files that have had changes (as.po, for
example) seem to be okay.

Adrian