One of the most exciting things we do each year at Red Hat is to recognize the transformative projects and outstanding results achieved by our customers from around the world, through the Red Hat Innovation Awards. Past winners have come from a variety of industries including financial services, healthcare, telecommunications and government, along with companies in the IT and consulting space. Do you have an innovation success story to share, or is there an organization you’d like to nominate?
Nominations should showcase successful open source IT implementation and projects that made a difference in the organization. Entries for the Innovation Awards will be judged in five areas:
- Impact: Assessing the impact the project had on the organization and various lines of business, including the return on investment benefits such as increased agility, automation, scalability, productivity, and cost and time-savings.
- Transformation: Analyzing the organization’s IT transformation and modernization as a result of the project.
- Open source: Evaluating how the organization is embracing an agile mode of IT, using open source technology, methodology, open source values and initiatives to create a culture that supports collaboration, diversity, and meritocracy.
- Difference: Measuring how the organization’s change and transformation has made a difference in the lives of the users, communities, and even the society it supports.
- Uniqueness: Judging the uniqueness and distinct vision for the project showing innovation and originality that hasn’t been seen or heard of before.
Red Hat’s panel of industry-expert judges will review and score nominations, narrowing the list to the top five winning projects. The five winners will be announced and showcased on May 8, the first day of Red Hat Summit.
To narrow that list of five winners to just one, our 2018 Red Hat Innovator of the Year, we look to the community. The 2018 Red Hat Innovator of the Year will be selected by the community through online voting, and announced at the 2018 Red Hat Summit, May 8-10 in San Francisco.
Nominations are open through November 8! We look forward to seeing your innovative implementations showcased.