Open source has come a long way since Red Hat took its first steps 25 years ago. Our upstream first philosophy has been the driving force for all the projects to which Red Hat contribute, and because of this we’ve decided to feature a telecom industry session with the theme, “The Future of Telco is Open.” This session is intended for all users of open source technologies in the telecommunications industry, including, but not limited to, independent software vendors, hardware manufacturers, and customers.
In this session you will hear from Roz Roseboro, Principal Analyst at Heavy Reading, who will set the scene before engaging in lively dialogue with a panel of executives representing regional operators:
- Tommi Berg, Head of Services Operations, Elisa
- Paul Fischer, Technology Architect, Bell Canada
- Mike Lapish, Senior Solution Architect, TELUS
- Phil Ritter, Director of Network Planning, Verizon
- Simhadri Yadavalli, Vice President, Rogers Digital Enterprise
We’ll also have a series of 20-minute lightning talks from some of Red Hat’s senior technologists and telecom architects that cover leading edge use cases like blockchain, 5G, mobile edge computing (MEC), and artificial intelligence/machine learning (AI/ML).
This session will be packed with insights and ideas, so make sure you add it to your schedule:
- Date: Tuesday, May 8, 2018
- Time: 10:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Room: 2012
- Location: Moscone West – 2012
- Session Type: Breakout
- Session Code: P2808
And make sure to check out the telecommunications trail map for ideas on where to head after the industry session wraps up at 12:30.
We look forward to seeing you there!