ProductsDesktop Server OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal A-MQ Fuse BRMS Fuse Service Works Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Expert-guided migration to Red Hat Enterprise Linux
You need a reliable, high-performing platform to run your business. An expensive UNIX platform used to be your only choice, but Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® is the world’s leading open source platform. Stable and high performing, Red Hat Enterprise Linux gives you the scalability and flexibility you need to move your business forward and take advantage of emerging virtualization and cloud opportunities.
Moving your current UNIX workloads to Red Hat Enterprise Linux is best done with help from the experts. The world’s leading companies trust Red Hat Consulting to help them seamlessly migrate from prohibitive UNIX platforms to open Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Migration made simple
Our consultants guide and customize every step of your migration process. Whether it's reducing your hardware footprint, moving to newer, more powerful architectures, or just shifting your current workloads to Red Hat Enterprise Linux, we define a streamlined migration strategy that encompasses your entire infrastructure and uses proven methods to address your specific needs.
As part of this engagement, an experienced consultant helps you:
- Map your existing ecosystem to a functionally equivalent or improved Red Hat Enterprise Linux ecosystem.
- Create a standard operating environment on which to base your migration and maximize your efficiency.
- Analyze the portability of your existing business applications.
- Examine the risks associated with various migration scenarios and create a holistic risk-mitigation plan.
- Develop a comprehensive migration roadmap tailored to your specific environment.
- Understand the estimated costs and benefits involved with your migration.
- Implement your migration and understand best practices and processes for after the migration.
Learn more about migrating with Red Hat Consulting:
- Build a verified business case for migration with TCO/ROI services
- Migrate from UNIX to Linux in 6 easy steps (PDF)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux strategic migration planning datasheet (PDF)
- Request a copy of the Solaris to Red Hat migration planning guide
- Request a copy of the AIX to Red Hat migration planning guide
- Request a copy of the HP-UX to Red Hat migration planning guide
For deliverable details, pricing, and more information, contact Red Hat Consulting.