Raleigh, NC - —
Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the agenda and keynote speakers for Red Hat Summit 2017, one of the premier open source technology conference. The 13th annual Red Hat Summit is expected to welcome thousands of attendees from around the world to the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, May 2-4. Event details and registration are live at https://www.redhat.com/en/summit/2017.
Together, Red Hat, our customers and our partners are doing groundbreaking things with open source, and the pace of innovation is faster than ever before. I’m excited to have Red Hat Summit back in Boston this year for what we expect to be our biggest and most exciting event yet. What makes Red Hat Summit the premier open source event is our ability to bring together the individuals who are driving the future of technology with our customers and partners to celebrate their successes and offer them a glimpse of where we are heading.
Red Hat Summit has become a must-attend event focused on advancements in open source, with customers, partners, and open source industry leaders from around the world coming together for a high-energy week of innovation, education, and collaboration. Open source has transformed the technology industry and helped organizations around the world innovate faster. But open source innovation is only possible because of the people behind it. Red Hat Summit 2017 will celebrate the power of the individual: individuals who are looking toward to the future, who are willing to step up, try something new and make change happen. When individuals are given the tools to innovate and find new solutions to old problems everyone benefits. These individuals can create significant advancements in a variety of fields, from healthcare and infrastructure to finance, government and more.
Red Hat Summit 2017 is scheduled to feature:
- Technology industry visionaries - Attendees will hear keynotes on the future of enterprise technology and open source from industry leaders. Several Red Hat executives are scheduled to deliver keynotes at Red Hat Summit 2017, including Jim Whitehurst, president and CEO, and Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies. Red Hat's Marco Bill-Peter, vice president of Customer Experience and Engagement will host the Red Hat Innovation Awards. In addition, noted industry executives are scheduled to take the Summit keynote stage:
- Armughan Ahmad, senior vice president and general manager, Solutions and Alliances, Dell EMC
- Kelsey Hightower, staff developer advocate, Google Cloud Platform
- Jason Hoffman, vice president and head of PA cloud infrastructure, Ericsson
- Jay Jamison, vice president, strategy, Software Defined and Cloud Division (SDCG), Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Sam Ramji, vice president, product management, Google Cloud Platform
- Sandra Rivera, vice president and general manager, Network Platforms Group, Intel Corporation
- Kirk Skaugen, executive vice president and president, Lenovo Data Center Group
- Julia White, corporate vice president, Azure + Security Marketing, Microsoft
- More than 200 breakout sessions covering many of enterprise tech’s hottest topics - Sessions will be presented by experts from Red Hat, customers, partners, and community contributors, offering attendees an opportunity to dive into the latest product innovations and hear best practices from across multiple industries. Red Hat Summit 2017 sessions are tailored to different roles and levels of expertise and will cover a wide range of topics, including: containers; OpenStack; cloud and hybrid IT; Internet of Things (IoT); IT strategy; security; mobile; management; diversity and culture; and more.
- New developer programming - New for 2017, the developer conference DevNation has been integrated into Red Hat Summit to offer developer-focused content to all event attendees including 24 sessions, developer-focused labs, demos, theater sessions, games, and CodeStarter hack nights.
- Red Hat Summit party at Fenway Park - On Wednesday, May 3, thousands of Red Hat Summit attendees will watch the Boston Red Sox take on the Baltimore Orioles at the iconic Fenway Park.
- Power training opportunities - Attendees looking for in-depth training on-site at Red Hat Summit can add Power Training to their registration. These two-day, interactive courses provide accelerated training with expert instructors at a special rate. Attendees taking advantage of Power Training will receive access to Red Hat Training and Certification curriculum advisors; preferred seating in the Red Hat Summit general session; meet-and-greets with Red Hat technical leaders; and a 30-day Red Hat Learning Subscription.
- Partner Pavilion - The Red Hat Summit Partner Pavilion will include more than 100 Red Hat partners and technology industry leaders showcasing some of the best in enterprise technology, and giving attendees a chance to connect directly with strategic technology partners.
Paul Cormier, president, Products and Technologies, Red Hat
“Together, Red Hat, our customers and our partners are doing groundbreaking things with open source, and the pace of innovation is faster than ever before. I’m excited to have Red Hat Summit back in Boston this year for what we expect to be our biggest and most exciting event yet. What makes Red Hat Summit the premier open source event is our ability to bring together the individuals who are driving the future of technology with our customers and partners to celebrate their successes and offer them a glimpse of where we are heading.”
Connect with Red Hat