- New storage drivers – Updates that provide customers with the benefits of some of the latest storage adapters from Red Hat hardware partners.
- Enhancements to Red Hat Access Support’s debugging capabilities -- Red Hat Access Support makes it easier for customers to manage, diagnose, and engage with Red Hat directly through a console within Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
- Improvements for Red Hat Enterprise Linux guests running on VMWare ESXi.
- More information from subscription management services that makes managing subscriptions easier through both the GUI and command line.
- Updates OpenSCAP to version 1.0.8, certified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) 1.2 in the Authenticated Configuration Scanner category with the Common Vulnerabilities and Exposure (CVE) option. The new certification adds Red Hat to a short list of vendors qualified for the complex SCAP standard, making OpenSCAP and Red Hat important factors in the security space. With this new certification, openscap 1.0.8 can run SCAP content correctly written to the 1.2 standard from any source, such as the Red Hat Security Response Team's Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language (OVAL) content, DISA's Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG), the National Vulnerability Database (NVD) OVAL repository, and others.
- Accessdocumentation for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.11, including the release notes
Red Hat’s commitment to a long, stable product lifecycle is a key benefit for enterprise customers who rely on Red Hat Enterprise Linux for their critical applications.
- About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to reliable and high-performing cloud, Linux, middleware, storage and virtualization technologies. Red Hat also offers award-winning support, training, and consulting services. As the connective hub in a global network of enterprises, partners, and open source communities, Red Hat helps create relevant, innovative technologies that liberate resources for growth and prepare customers for the future of IT. Learn more at http://www.redhat.com.
- Forward-Looking Statements
- Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to delays or reductions in information technology spending; the effects of industry consolidation; the ability of the Company to compete effectively; the integration of acquisitions and the ability to market successfully acquired technologies and products; uncertainty and adverse results in litigation and related settlements; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; the ability to deliver and stimulate demand for new products and technological innovations on a timely basis; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; fluctuations in exchange rates; and changes in and a dependence on key personnel, as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions "Risk Factors" and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations". In addition to these factors, actual future performance, outcomes, and results may differ materially because of more general factors including (without limitation) general industry and market conditions and growth rates, economic and political conditions, governmental and public policy changes and the impact of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods. The forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release. ### Red Hat, Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the Shadowman logo are trademarks of Red Hat, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.