Your Red Hat account gives you access to your member profile and preferences, and the following services based on your customer status:
Not registered yet? Here are a few reasons why you should be:
- Browse Knowledgebase articles, manage support cases and subscriptions, download updates, and more from one place.
- View users in your organization, and edit their account information, preferences, and permissions.
- Manage your Red Hat certifications, view exam history, and download certification-related logos and documents.
Your Red Hat account gives you access to your member profile, preferences, and other services depending on your customer status.
For your security, if you're on a public computer and have finished using your Red Hat services, please be sure to log out.Log out
Walter Tessmann @ Red Hat
Red Hat Storage is now integrated with the Intel® Distribution for Apache Hadoop software (Intel® Distribution) to provide a scalable infrastructure for big data storage and analytics. The Intel Distribution provides the open source Apache Hadoop software platform with industry-leading performance and hardware-enhanced security, and includes Intel software tools for enterprise-grade management. Red Hat Storage provides a storage platform that is both cost-effective and highly scalable.
The integration was made possible by the Red Hat Storage adapter for Apache Hadoop, which provides access to data on the Gluster file system without compromising API compatibility with the Apache Hadoop environment. This integration provides Hadoop users with Red Hat Storage features such as disaster recovery, and avoids the single point of failure that is inherent in the HDFS architecture. As a result, businesses are able to protect their investment in scalable, software-defined storage. At a high-level, big data analytics with Apache Hadoop can now be safely and reliably accomplished on data stored in the Red Hat Storage Server.
Key features of Intel Distribution for Apache Hadoop:
● Authenticates queries and encrypts data
● Enforces role-based access control
● Provides enterprise-grade management with reliable deployment, configuration, tuning, monitoring and alerts
● Optimizes performance on Intel hardware
Key features of Red Hat Storage:
● Maintains data locality as cluster scales
● Provides instant compatibility with HDFS API
● Reduces scale-out costs
● Eliminates NameNode bottlenecks and single point of failure
● Includes disaster recovery with geo replication
● Provides POSIX compliance for easy data ingest and export
Please download the Intel / RHS White Paper here