OpenShift Commons Briefing Summary
In this briefing, Red Hat's Ali Mobrem gives an in-depth look at the release plans for OpenShift 4.0, as well as a general overview of what will be changing in this platform update release.He discussed the use of Operators to deliver cluster management and automation to OpenShift 4.0 and the road ahead for upcoming releases.
Access the slides from this briefing: Red Hat OpenShift 4.0 - Roadmap - Public - Feb 2019 - Ali
Join the Community at the Upcoming OpenShift Commons Gathering in Silicon Valley! March 11th @ The Hyatt Santa Clara
The OpenShift Commons Gathering brings together experts from all over the world to discuss the container technologies, operators, the operator framework, best practices for cloud-native application developers and the open source software projects that underpin the OpenShift ecosystem to help take us all to the next level in cloud-native computing. This next gathering will feature 400+ developers, project leads, cloud architects, DevOps professionals, sysadmins, and cloud-native practitioners coming together to explore the next steps in making container technologies successful and secure at scale.
Confirmed Keynotes and Speakers from Red Hat already include:
- AMA Panel with OpenShift Product Managers and Engineering leads
- Rob Szumski on Kubernetes Operators
- Reza Shafii on Red Hat's Unified Hybrid Cloud
- Brian “Redbeard” Harrington on the State of Serverless on Kubernetes
- Diane Mueller on Cross-Community Collaboration with Upstream
- The Future of Linux Cgroups, Container Security and more
- Speakers from Google, Facebook, Splunk, Rook.io and Uber