Your Red Hat account gives you access to your member profile and preferences, and the following services based on your customer status:
Not registered yet? Here are a few reasons why you should be:
- Browse Knowledgebase articles, manage support cases and subscriptions, download updates, and more from one place.
- View users in your organization, and edit their account information, preferences, and permissions.
- Manage your Red Hat certifications, view exam history, and download certification-related logos and documents.
Your Red Hat account gives you access to your member profile, preferences, and other services depending on your customer status.
For your security, if you're on a public computer and have finished using your Red Hat services, please be sure to log out.Log out
As many IT environments continue to grow and become increasingly complex, the ability to automate and greater simplify ongoing infrastructure management can be critical to those organizations. Today at AnsibleFest Austin, we announced Red Hat Satellite 6.4, the latest version of Red Hat’s infrastructure management solution designed to keep Red Hat infrastructure running more efficiently and with the proper security provisions in place, will be available later in October. For the first time, Red Hat Satellite will be enhanced with a deeper integration with Red Hat Ansible Automation technology for an automation-centric approach to IT management.
We continue to build out management offerings based upon the powerful automation capabilities of Ansible, intended to help users adopt new technologies while maintaining greater control over their existing hybrid cloud infrastructures. Ansible technology within Red Hat Satellite provides for remote execution and desired state management, enabling direct access to Ansible for managing Red Hat Enterprise Linux from the Satellite user interface. This exciting integration is designed to help not only identify critical risks but then create enterprise change plans and automatically generate Ansible playbooks to better remediate those risks.
The Ansible integration, along with new additional enhancements, can help improve agility and decrease complexity for customers moving workloads into hybrid cloud architectures and environments. These additional features and enhancements include:
- Redesigned user interface designed for easier navigation and improved auditing of user events
- Increased supportability including the ability to provision in AWS GovCloud and preservation of custom configurations
- Enhanced performance including Red Hat Enterprise Linux Performance Co-Pilot integration as well as general stability fixes
Red Hat Satellite 6.4 will be generally available later in October through the Red Hat Customer Portal.
About the author
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies.