Select a language
Red Hat is pleased to announce the availability of Red Hat Developer Toolset 1.1 through the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Program and related subscriptions. For developers, having ready access to the latest, stable development tools is key to taking advantage of open source innovation. Red Hat Developer Toolset 1.1 bridges development agility with production stability by delivering the latest stable versions of essential C and C++ development tools to enhance developer productivity and improve deployment times.
Increasingly, developers are tasked with not only rapidly developing new applications, but also bringing these applications to IT operations in a more timely, seamless manner. Red Hat Developer Toolset helps to reduce development and deployment time by allowing users to compile once for multiple versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and more easily diagnose and debug applications in development.
Red Hat Developer Toolset 1.1 delivers the following significant enhancements:
- Updated GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) 4.7.2, providing a number of fixes and improvements to the compiler and associated runtimes.
- Updated GNU Project Debugger (GDB) 7.5, so developers using GCC 4.7 can also use the latest version of GDB to gain visibility into applications while they execute and identify what occurred during a crash.
- SystemTap 1.8, a diagnostic tool that allows developers to gather information about running Linux systems without going through a tedious and disruptive instrument, recompile, install, and reboot sequence.
- OProfile 0.9.7, providing Linux developers with a low-overhead profiler for all code running on a system, enabling system-wide performance analysis.
- Valgrind 3.8.1, an instrumentation framework for building dynamic analysis tools to detect many memory management and threading bugs, and profile programs in detail.
- elfutils 0.154, a collection of utilities for processing compiled objects.
- DWZ 0.7, which optimizes DWARF debugging information contained in ELF shared libraries and ELF executables by compressing them into smaller debuginfo files.
- Fortran in GCC 4.7, providing support for scientific and research communities through the latest version of GCC with Fortran.
Red Hat Developer Toolset 1.1 is now available to subscribers through Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Program offerings, including:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Suite
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Support Subscriptions
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Developer Workstation
- Not-for-resale subscriptions for qualifying Partners
To learn more about Red Hat developer offerings, visit: http://www.redhat.com/developers/rhel