Select a language
Yesterday was an incredibly exciting day at the DevNation general session. Two major things occurred (out of half a dozen things) related to middleware at Red Hat:
- The long anticipated release of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 7, a Java EE 7 certified app server
- The announcement of the new MicroProfile Project
I summarized those two announcements with some thoughts on how they show the evolution and resilience of Java on LinkedIn. Read the whole thing, as they say.
Other highlights from Monday's DevNation:
- New product release: JBoss Core Services Collection
- Release: JBoss Developer Studio 10
- New announcement: .NET Core 1.0 for development on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
There's a new photo album on the Middleware Facebook page, too, capturing a lot of moments from this week.
About the author
Deon Ballard is a product marketing manager focusing on customer experience, adoption, and renewals for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the foundation for open hybrid cloud. In previous roles at Red Hat, Ballard has been a technical writer, doc lead, and content strategist for technical documentation, specializing in security technologies such as NSS, LDAP, certificate management, and authentication / authorization, as well as cloud and management.