Join Red Hat and OSI Consulting for a hands-on technical workshop and learn how to bring new business value to existing applications by developing and deploying with modern architectures and frameworks.
As modern application requirements become more complex, it's apparent that one runtime, one framework, or one architectural style is no longer a feasible strategy. Organizations must figure out how to manage the complexity of distributed app development with diverse technologies, a lack of skilled resources, and siloed processes.
In this full day, hands-on workshop you'll learn about:
- Migrating an existing legacy JavaTM EE app to Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform on OpenShift.
- Using modern frameworks like Spring Boot, Wildfly Swarm, Eclipse Vert.x, and Node.js to implement microservices and replace monolithic functionality.
- Developing and deploying using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes, and DevOps processes.
- The benefits and challenges with microservices, including use cases for reactive microservices.
- Preventing and detecting issues in a distributed system.
Who should attend?
The workshop is ideal for Java developers, architects, and developer team leads interested in learning more about the latest technologies for modern application development.
Lab materials and software will be provided. Attendees must bring a laptop with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer/Edge 10+, or Safari 9+ installed.
Tuesday, May 22
In this full day workshop you'll learn how to manage the complexity of distributed app development and bring new business value to existing apps by developing and deploying with modern architectures and frameworks.
MOVING EXISTING APPS TO THE CLOUD
DEVELOPER INTRO TO OPENSHIFT
MONOLITHS TO MICROSERVICES PART 1
MONOLITHS TO MICROSERVICES PART 2
REACTIVE MICROSERVICES WITH ECLIPSE VERT.X
PREVENT AND DETECT DISTRIBUTED APP ISSUES
WRAP-UP AND CLOSING REMARKS
Registration is closed.
Headquartered in Woodland Hills, California, OSI Consulting provides technology strategy, business solution and process optimization, and application development expertise to help our customers realize their business objectives. With specialization in Oracle Applications, Business Analytics, Systems Integration, e-Commerce and Managed Services, OSI utilizes innovative technology solutions to enable new products and channels for our customers. In addition, OSI enables greater awareness of performance metrics to make critical real-time adjustments throughout business operations.
Since 1993, we have successfully helped clients around the world with business transformation, implementation of integrated enterprise solutions and managing complex systems and infrastructure. OSI has partnered with leading enterprise software companies and infrastructure providers such as Oracle, Salesforce, RedHat, Amazon, Microsoft, TIBCO, EMC, and Savvis. OSI is able to leverage these partner relationships to deliver high-quality, end-to-end customer solutions that are targeted to the needs of each customer, throughout the various stages of growth.
- Worldwide customers from emerging businesses to Global 1000 corporations
- Global operations with offices across the U.S., Canada, Middle East and Asia
- Over 1,300 highly skilled consulting and development professionals worldwide
- Red Hat Premier Partner