Choosing the right storage to meet enterprise application requirements is tough in today’s expanding storage market. The challenge can be even more acute when it comes to deploying Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) with OpenStack® for cloud infrastructure.
Join this webinar to hear about the type of storage best suited for cloud workloads while addressing scalability, performance, manageability, and operational service-level agreements (SLAs). We’ll discuss:
- Factors to consider while architecting to support workloads, cost, performance, protocol, connectivity type, capacity, and scalability.
- OpenStack components—like Nova, Cinder, Glance, Swift, and Manila—that require a storage back end and how they’re used.
- Types of storage available in the market and how to identify which will give you optimum performance with scalability.
- Implications of choosing the wrong storage back end.
- How Ceph can be used to meet OpenStack use cases, including advantages and disadvantages.
- When it makes sense to use a commercial implementation instead of ready-to-use Ceph storage.
The OpenStack® Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.
- Federico Lucifredi, product management director, Red Hat
Time: 2:00 p.m. EDT
Duration: 60 minutes