- Date: 23 January 2018 (Tuesday)
- Time: 8:00am – 6:00pm (Registration starts at 8:00am)
- Venue: Ballroom 1, Level 3, Amara Singapore, 165 Tanjong Pagar Rd, Singapore 088539
- Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s this workshop about?
Join Red Hat for a hands-on technical workshop and learn how to bring new business value to existing applications by developing and deploying with modern architectures and frameworks
Monoliths to Microservices: App Transformation Hands-on Technical Workshop
As modern application requirements become more complex, it’s apparent that one runtime, one framework, or one architectural style is no longer a feasible strategy. Organizations must figure out how to manage the complexity of distributed app development with diverse technologies, a lack of skilled resources, and siloed processes.
What you will learn:
In this full day, hands-on workshop you’ll learn about:
- Migrating an existing legacy JavaTM EE app to Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform on OpenShift.
- Using modern frameworks like Spring Boot, Wildfly Swarm, Eclipse Vert.x, and Node.js to implement microservices and replace monolithic functionality.
- Developing and deploying using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes, and DevOps processes
- The benefits and challenges with microservices, including use cases for reactive microservices.
- Preventing and detecting issues in a distributed system.
This combination of architectures and deployment platforms opens up new possibilities for applying DevOps processes to improve the speed of development and deployment.
Registration is now closed.
Technical Hands-On Workshop
Monoliths to Microservices: App Transformation
In this full day workshop, you will learn how to manage the complexity of distributed app development and bring new business value to existing apps by developing and deploying with modern architectures and frameworks.
|8:30 am - 8:45 am||Welcome remarks|
|8:45 am – 9:45 am||Moving existing applications to the cloud
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat Application Migration Toolkit
|9:45 am – 10:45 am||The benefits of modernizing, why you should do it, and what it looks like
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, S2I, Jenkins
|10:45 am – 11:00 am||BREAK|
|11:00 am – 12:00 pm||The benefits and challenges of moving from monoliths to microservices
Spring Boot, WildFly Swarm, Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes, MicroProfile
|12:00 pm – 12:30 pm||LUNCH|
|12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||Monoliths to microservices, continued|
|1:30 pm – 3:30 pm||Reactive microservices
Eclipse Vert.x, Node.js, Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes
|3:30 pm – 3:45 pm||Break|
|3:45 pm – 5:00 pm||How to prevent and detect issues in a distributed system
Hystrix, Istio and distributed tracing
|5:00 pm – 5:20 pm||API gateways and microservices|
|5:20 PM – 5:30pm||Wrap up and closing remarks|
*Subject to change
|Date:||23 January 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Time:||8:00am - 6:00pm (Registration starts at 8:00am)|
|Location:||Ballroom 1, Level 3, Amara Singapore,
165 Tanjong Pagar Rd,
Registration is now closed.
Who should attend
The workshop is ideal for Java developers, architects, and developer team leads interested in learning more about the latest technologies for modern application development.
What you need to bring:
Lab materials and software will be provided. Attendees must bring a laptop with:
- admin rights
- a USB port
- 8GB memory
- 20GB free disk space
- a recent version of a supported OS:
- RHEL 6.x/7.x or CentOS 6.x
- Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- Mac OS X 10.10.x/10.11.x
- Trial: Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes
- Code download: Red Hat JBoss EAP
- Code download: Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Datasheets: Red Hat JBoss EAP, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes
- e-Book: Teaching elephants to dance
- Whitepaper: A platform for modernizing Java applications
- Content Hub: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform