Select a language
This event has been cancelled.
Join Red Hat for a hands-on technical workshop and learn how Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 can help you deploy, manage and innovate on a platform that will meet your needs today and scale for the future.
Today, IT organizations must maintain the status quo and keep an eye on the future. Delivering value to the business means being able to deliver services and applications quickly while maintaining the infrastructure already in place. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 provides the control and confidence you need to keep your current infrastructure running, and the freedom you need to innovate as you look forward.
In this hands-on workshop with Red Hat experts, you will learn how to:
- Automate management of your IT environment.
- Benefit from scalability and portability across hardware and cloud environments.
- Quickly and proactively respond to system security issues.
- Use a strong yet flexible foundation for modern workloads and technologies (e.g., Linux containers, OpenStack).
- Deliver applications to market faster with Linux containers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is ideal for developers, system administrators, and architects with a technical background interested in learning how the tools in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 enable faster delivery of workloads, with less effort.
- Lab materials will be provided.
- Attendees should have a basic understanding of working with Linux systems and must bring a laptop with Chrome 73+, Firefox 60+, Edge 40+, or Safari 12+ installed. There is no student prep work required prior to the workshop.
Thursday, March 5, 2020
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Opening Remarks and Overview Presentation
9:00 a.m. - 9:35 a.m.
MODULE 1: Managing Software from an Application Stream
9:35 a.m. - 10:10 a.m.
MODULE 2: Configuring System-wide Crypto Policy
10:10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
10:30 a.m. – 11:05 a.m.
MODULE 3: Configuring Terminal Session Recording
11:05 a.m. – 11:40 p.m.
MODULE 4: Creating Images with Buildah
11:40 p.m. – 12:20 p.m.
12:20 p.m. – 12:55 p.m.
MODULE 5: Deploying Containers Using Podman
12:55 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
MODULE 6: Managing System Updates Using the Web Console
1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Wrap up and closing remarks